NEA Music, Dance and Theatre Development Project – Call for Applications for facilitators
The National Eisteddfod Academy (NEA), supported by the National Lottery Commission, is seeking Provincial Facilitators for the NEA Music, Dance and Theatre Development Project. The strategic objectives of the NEA Music, Dance and Theatre Development Project, to be implemented in rural, poor and underserviced communities in Limpopo, Western Cape, KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng, are:
- training and support to educators in music, dance and theatre;
- providing youths with a performance platform;
- youth development in the arts through participation in music, dance and theatre;
- acknowledgement and showcasing of talented youths;
- promoting the use of indigenous languages in theatre;
- fostering awareness and pride of our multi-cultural diversity;
- creating awareness of and interest in the arts.
The NEA is urgently seeking multi-skilled individuals with knowledge of music, dance, theatre as well as the vernacular of the following cultural groupings,
- KwaZulu-Natal: Zulu culture,
- Limpopo: Venda, Tsonga and Pedi cultures,
- Western Cape: Different cultures and
- Gauteng: Different cultures
to support the implementation of the project.
Read more about the NEA Music, Dance and Drama Development project HERE