Young Artist Award Competion
The Young Artist Award Competition, launched in 2013 provides an opportunity for top achievers in the Creative Arts.
A panel of adjudicators will adjudicate all art entries according to the school grade of participants. All participants will receive feedback and a certificate to confirm that they have participated in this competition.
The adjudicators will select the best art work in each grade and will then select a winner in each of the following categories: Entry Level (Gr. 0 – 3), Junior (Gr. 4 – 7) & Senior (Grade 8 – Open Section). The names of these winners will be announced on 19 May 2018 at the Roodepoort Theatre.
How do I submit my entry?
All recipients of diploma awards for Arts in the National Eisteddfod 2017
Only participants in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa 2017 can submit entries online. Please use the following link – click HERE.
Participants in other festivals or events.
- Organizers of other eisteddfods and festivals can enter their top achievers under the name of their organization.
- Alternatively, parents of these participants are also welcome to enter on their own.
- Schools, institutions, studios, that don’t necessarily participate in eisteddfods or other festivals or only do so bi-annually, but manage their own internal visual arts events / competitions are invited to enter their top achievers for the National Eisteddfod Young Artist Award Competition. The expected level of achievement is high; therefore these entries can only be selected and entered by the institution by means for an internal selection process and not by individual parents.
Click HERE for Entry forms for participants in other festival/events/internal competitions.
All art work need to be submitted to the NEA office by 16 March.
For any questions or clarity on issues onthis page, please contact the NEA office on
Tel: 011 886 6005 / fax: 011 787 3534 or
Entry fees for Visual Arts
The entry fee for the NEA Young Artist Award Competition is a ONCE-OFF FEE entry fee.
Closing dates / fees for visual arts entries are as follows:
- 10 February: EARLY BIRD (ONLINE* ONLY): R280
- 28 February: NORMAL ONLINE entries: R300
- 16 March: Hard Copy entries: R350
*Only participants in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa 2017 can submit entries online.
All the art work should also reach the NEA office by 16:00 on 16 March.
Late entries will be accepted until 29 March (a late entry fee will be charged.)
- 29 March LATE ENTRIES (Online/Hard copy): R410
Art Entry forms for participants from other festivals
Other National Eisteddfod Events
* Depend on the availability of funding.