Young Performer Awards Competition 2019
The Young Performer Awards competition is known as the most prestigious event of its kind in South Africa. This competition expect skills, knowledge and understanding that are exceptionally high. With prizes up to the value of R100 000, “cute” is simply not enough. Therefore participation in this competition is subject to the following requirements:
- Any participant that received diploma awards in the annual National Eisteddfod activities in the preceding year qualifies to compete in this competition
- Any participant that received diploma or similar awards in any other eisteddfod or similar event may qualify, subject to the submission of the necessary proof
- All unprepared and improvised work are excluded.
The Young Performer Awards Competition is presented over four elimination rounds.
- The first round comprises of adjudicated events in each genre, where the adjudicator panels nominate participants to proceed to the quarter final round.
- The quarter finals take on a similar format, where the adjudicator panels nominate approximately 15-20 per genre to proceed to the semi-final rounds.
- The 4 semi-final rounds of Young Performer Awards competition are presented in concert format at a theatre. Each concert is dedicated to a genre (classical and contemporary music, dance and drama. The best participants in the different categories, as decided by the adjudicators’ panel, are then invited to compete in the final round.
- In the final round, a panel of experts representative of the different genres finally decide on the winners of the Gold, SIver and Bronze medals.
- Representatives Kruger an d Kie, the auditors’ company of the National Eisteddfod Academy oversee the adjudication process in the semi-final and final rounds.
16th National Eisteddfod Young Performer Awards Competition: Call for entries to be announced Dec 2018 / early 2019
How do I enter for the Young Performer Awards Competion?
Participants in the National Eisteddfod 2018 that received Diploma awards for their performances in 2018 can enter in 2019
Participants in other eisteddfods of similar events may also enter for the Young Performer Awards Competition on the following conditions:
Achievement of 90% and more is required
Proof of achievement is required
The entry fee for “Other Festivals” apply
An entry should be submitted on the official entry form that will be available online.
Rules and Regulations for the Young Performer Awards Competition
Click here to download a copy of the rules as was applicable in 2017 (to be updated when the call for entries is announced) Rules and Regulations