Young Performer Awards Competition 2018
The Young Performer Awards competition is known as the most prestigious event of its kind in South Africa. This competition expect skills, knowledge and understanding that are exceptionally high. With prizes up to the value of R100 000, “cute” is simply not enough. Therefore participation in this competition is subject to the following requirements:
- Any participant that received diploma awards in the annual National Eisteddfod activities in the preceding year qualifies to compete in this competition
- Any participant that received diploma or similar awards in any other eisteddfod or similar event may qualify, subject to the submission of the necessary proof
- All unprepared and improvised work are excluded.
The Young Performer Awards Competition is presented over four elimination rounds.
- The first round comprises of adjudicated events in each genre, where the adjudicator panels nominate participants to proceed to the quarter final round.
- The quarter finals take on a similar format, where the adjudicator panels nominate approximately 15-20 per genre to proceed to the semi-final rounds.
- The 4 semi-final rounds of Young Performer Awards competition are presented in concert format at a theatre. Each concert is dedicated to a genre (classical and contemporary music, dance and drama. The best participants in the different categories, as decided by the adjudicators’ panel, are then invited to compete in the final round.
- In the final round, a panel of experts representative of the different genres finally decide on the winners of the Gold, SIver and Bronze medals.
- Representatives Kruger an d Kie, the auditors’ company of the National Eisteddfod Academy oversee the adjudication process in the semi-final and final rounds.
Call for entries: 15th National Eisteddfod Young Performer Awards Competition
The National Eisteddfod is calling for entries for the 15th Young Performer Awards Competition, with total prize money of R100,000.
The Final Round, to be presented at the Roodepoort Theatre on 19 May 2018 will see Gold (+R35000), Silver (+R10000) and Bronze (+R5000) medals, as well as other cash prizes awarded to the best performers in music, dance and drama.
This competition is open for all top achievers in the National Eisteddfod during 2017, as well as top achievers in all other local eisteddfods.
How do I enter for the Young Performer Awards Competion?
Participants in the National Eisteddfod 2017 that received Diploma awards for their performances in 2017 can enter HERE.
Participants in other eisteddfods of similar events may also enter for the Young Performer Awards Competition on the following conditions:
Achievement of 90% and more is required
Proof of achievement is required
The entry fee for “Other Festivals” apply
An entry should be submitted on the official entry form. Download a copy of the hardcopy entry Entry Form for other festivals.
Rules and Regulations for the Young Performer Awards Competition
Click here to download a copy of the Rules and Regulations