RULES AND REGULATIONS: SPECIAL REQUESTS AND RESCHEDULING
SCHEDULING OF EVENTS
- Any special requests regarding the scheduling of events should be submitted with the entries, but NOT LATER than the closing date for entries. IMPORTANT : Any special request should be submitted on the SPECIAL REQUEST FORM.
- The details of participation will be distributed to the participating bodies at least 2 to 3 weeks prior to the first adjudication session in each region as indicated above, provided that the entries were submitted before the original closing date for entries. Any extension of the closing date might have an impact on this period. Participants should not wait for this information before they start their preparations for their relevant items and should rather prepare in advance in order to be ready to perform on the first day in each region!
- It is the participant’s responsibility to provide the correct entry number. Failure to do so will result in the processing of incorrect information for which the NEA is not accountable. Once the schedule has been finalized, no changes can be accommodated.
- Any special requests regarding the scheduling of events should be submitted with the entries, but NOT LATER than the closing date for entries for the particular region. IMPORTANT : ALL special request should be submitted on the SPECIAL REQUEST FORM. The NEA will endeavour to accommodate these circumstances whenever possible, but can give no guarantee in this regard.
The NEA always attempts to accommodate the needs and requests of all participants. Therefore participants have the option to submit special requests pertaining to unavailable dates in the eisteddfod period. In order to provide for unforeseen circumstances, the NEA also allowed for the rescheduling of other problematic events in the past. However, due to the misuse of this facility, the rescheduling of events has become unmanageable. Subsequently, management has decided to abandon the concept of rescheduling all together. This has been replaced by a system of special entries.
Special entries provide for those candidates who have missed their events as originally scheduled. They will be allowed to submit a special entry at the normal entry fee to replace the event that they couldn’t attend. These special entries will be scheduled at a later date towards the end of the eisteddfod on a date and time as determined by the NEA. No special requests regarding the scheduling of these special entries will be allowed.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF SPECIAL ENTRIES IS 5 WORKING DAYS PRIOR TO THE LAST DATE OF ADJUDICATION IN ANY PARTICULAR REGION.
- Register ONLINE as an "Individual Registration" if you have not registered yet.
- Submit a new entry on the ONLINE ENTRY PLATFORM for the particular event that need to be "rescheduled"
- Attach the original participant slip for the event or a copy of the ONLINE screen print that included the event in question.
- Attach proof of payment (R165 per individual entry; similar rate as the initial early bird fee. Please note the system will charge the current late entry fee. This will be changed once we have received the details of the event to be replaced).
- Fax to 011-787-3534 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: entries will only be accepted at this email address.
- Please note: Any Request for rescheduling or Special Entries submitted to any other eisteddfod address will automatically be deleted.
- Kindly note that you will not receive notification for rescheduled events well in advance. Participants need to be prepared to perform on short notice.
No correspondence and requests pertaining the rescheduling of events other than the procedure as outlined above, will be allowed.