Given this background, the following scenarios can be provided for:
NO ACTION for the rescheduling of an event will be taken unless the participant follows the requirements as outline below:
- If you are not able to participate in an event on the date and time as scheduled, please select one of the scenarios below that applies to your problem and follow the procedure as described:
- IMPORTANT: Only ONE request may be included per email - repeat this process for different events!
SCENARIO 1: The date is fine, but the time is problematic.
- Procedure: Briefly describe your challenge with the time in a new EMAIL (with PROBLEM WITH TIME OF PERFORMANCE ON [date] in the subject line).
- Provide the following information in the text:
- Name and surname of the participant
- Unique Participant Number
- Date and time of performance
- Performance number (the number that appears next the participant's name on the programme)
- E-mail to email@example.com preferably AT LEAST 3 days prior to the event.
- If it is possible to allocate a new time, we will then notify you of a new time on THE SAME DAY as originally scheduled (usually at the end of the session) as soon as possible.
- Announce your presence to the assistance on your arrival
SCENARIO 2: You cannot perform on the date / time as scheduled.
- You have 2 options:
- Option 1: Request the rescheduling of an event to another date at the cost of R100 per item. OR
- Option 2: Submit a video recording of you performance before 19 March.
Option 1 - Procedure:
- Pay the required rescheduling fee of R100 by EFT
- Banking details:
- National Eisteddfod Academy
- ABSA Cheque Account
- Acc No: 404 747 8448
- Branch: Northcliff
- Quote the Name, Surname & Unique Participant Number as reference.
- Briefly describe your challenge with the date in a new EMAIL with RESCHEDULE TO NEW DATE in the subject line.
- Provide the following information in the mail:
- Name & surname of the participant
- Unique Participant Number
- Date and time of scheduled event
- Performance number (the number that appears next the participant's name on the programme).
- Attach the proof of payment of the R100 rescheduling fee and send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that NO Special Requests for a Special Entry can be entertained
- Participation details will ONLY be published ONLINE and NO participant slips will be provided. Events will be rescheduled to similar events (if possible) or mostly at the end of the session in order not to mess up the programme flow for other participants.
- Kindly note that you need to be prepared as limited dates are available. Subsequently short notice is a possibility. Depending on the need, it might be possible to reschedule all music, as well as speech and drama items to 14 and/or 15 March.
Option 2 - Procedure:
- For more info regarding the submission of videos, please visit the relevant section of our website (www.eisteddfod.co.za) or download the following file directly from our webpage: https://www.eisteddfod.co.za/VideoRequirements.pdf (copy and paste this url directly into your web browser).
PLEASE NOTE : DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL DIRECTLY AS IT WILL BE DELETED!